Thursday, June 25, 2009

The American Clean Energy and Security Act

This week, our Congressional representatives will vote on The American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES) (H.R. 2454). I strongly support ACES, though I believe that it can do more to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Today, I wrote a letter to our United States Representatives urging them to help strengthen the bill by supporting the inclusion of funding for the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant program. The EECBG program is a priority of the U.S. Conference of Mayors, and it provides a vital nexus for emissions reduction at the local level.
This legislation is currently scheduled for floor action in the House tomorrow. ACES will set our country on the path to energy independence from fossil fuel consumption and will significantly help to promote the deployment of renewable energy resources, thereby mitigating the dangers of global climate change by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
During this City of Miami Green Week, I urge you to join me in supporting ACES and the EECBG program. You can read my letter to representatives Kendrick Meek, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Lincoln Diaz-Balart, Mario Diaz-Balart, Ron Klein and Alcee Hastings HERE. I invite you to contact your representative at http://www.House.gov

-Manny