Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Miami: North American Major City of the Future


Once again the City of Miami has placed in the Top Ten North American Cities of the Future and Major Cities of the Future, as ranked annually by the Financial Times Group fDi (foreign direct investment) magazine.

Miami has consistently ranked as an fDi North American Major City of the Future in their annual rankings. In the 2009/10 lists, Miami is ranked in the Top Three of Major US Cities for
  • Best Quality of Life

  • Best Business Friendliness

  • Lowest Unemployment Rate and

  • Highest Growth of Companies within the Knowledge-Based Sector (top five).

I am honored to have the City of Miami recognized in these categories and hope that you will join me in celebrating our shared success. The rankings were shared with me today and as soon as they are published, I will post them to my website: www.miamigov.com/mayor.

-Manny